- You can help our Post-Secondary Network reach 3,900 high school seniors for FAFSA completion! Spread the word to educators, counselors, and administrators in high schools that they can sign up for the Cash for College campaign today by visiting http://cashforcollegealabama.org and clicking on the “I’m an Educator” button. The deadline is January 29th.
- All of our Action Networks have standing meetings set for 2016:
- Early Learning: The second Thursday of the month at 1:30pm at United Way; supporting community-based childcare providers in improving quality and achieving First Class Pre-K funding
- 3rd Grade Reading: The first Wednesday of the month at 12pm at Oliver Elementary; supporting schools in improving attendance and reducing chronic absences
- Post Secondary Retention/Persistence: The second Tuesday of the month at 1pm at United Way; supporting FAFSA completion through Cash for College
In the News:
• Alabama School Connection did a featured TV segment on Bold Goals Education in December.
• Applications for Alabama’s First Class Pre-K grants are available online with a deadline of March 20th.
• The Community Foundation of Greater Birmingham’s first grant cycle of 2016 opens for applications on January 22, 2016. The deadline for brief proposals is February 12, 2016. Grants in this cycle focus on CFGB’s health and education results. For more details, click on the following link: http://www.foundationbirmingham.org/for-nonprofits/grantmaking-process/ CFGB encourages prospective applicants to speak with a Program Officer in advance of the deadline; please contact Sheree Wilkerson at CFGB and she will link you with the appropriate Program Officer.